Building a Loom for the 2/2 Twill

 As of Friday July 30, and thanks to Finna of the Gwyntarian Weaver's Guild and her stock of timber at Spotted Sheep Farm I am now the proud owner of all the pieces to make my Warp Weighted Loom.

At Finna's suggestion I queried the Historical Warp Weighted Loom Group on Facebook about sealing the ends of the wood. Beeswax was suggested as an option to seal the ends and keep the wood from splitting during the drying process, and having a ready supply on hand I went with that option.

It is rather dry here, so I opted to use a waterbath to melt beeswax in an electric cooker rather than in a pot over a fire which would have been the more period option. No urge to create any larger fires through my need to be historically accurate.

So the wood is off to the barn, which you can see in the background of one photo, for a month.